Siding Installation: How to Choose the Right Material
Congratulations on your decision to install siding to your house. Such a project has so many great advantages. However, you will have to face the problem of choosing the right material for your home. Here are some options along with their benefits:
- Vinyl. Vinyl is one of the most preferred siding materials for millions of Americans. Its best quality is its durability. With the proper siding installation and upkeep, it will protect your home from the elements for a very long time. Contractors also love it because it is inexpensive and it offers a wide variety of options that will enhance your home’s curb appeal.
- Brick. Needless to say, brick makes the ideal siding material for both homes and industrial buildings. Bricks have been used for centuries, from the ancient Egyptians and Romans. Hard, heavy, and sturdy, bricks can withstand all kinds of severe weather conditions simply because they won’t decay, shrink, or rust. Many studies show that they are also hurricane-, moisture-, and even earthquake-resistant.
- Plaster. It is often associated with stucco. If you hire a trustworthy contractor to install plaster siding on your house, you will have a beautiful and energy-efficient living space for a long period of time. The right proportion of Portland cement, lime, sand, and water is the key to sturdy and long-lasting end results.
- Wood. Even though it is only suitable for dry climates, it is still a typical siding material for many families. It will give any home a classic, traditional, and splendid look. Cedar is the most common material, but there are many other options out there.
- Conclusion. No matter how hard you try to find the ideal option for your house, without proper installation, you may experience issues. So, if you want to have a dry and protected living space for many years to come, you better call a professional company.
Need a professional advice and services from a licensed contractor in Vancouver, WA? Want to count on real experts who can provide you with a perfect siding installation, repairs, and upkeep? Get in touch with Pacific Rim Exteriors at (360) 521-5952. You won’t regret your decision.